Increase Sales, Subscriptions, and Traffic With Action Words
A call to action such as "call now," "order now," and "click here" can dramatically increase your sales. Motivate readers to do what you want them to do with action verbs. Give precise instructions. Tell them exactly what to do. Give them a direct order. Add an incentive or benefit to your order.
Here are examples of action words you can use on your website, in your email, and in other marketing materials.
Examples of Call to Action
- Click here to buy this course right now!
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to instantly order this course online.
- Order NOW before all copies of this limited edition are taken! 1-300-887-653.
- Pick up your phone right now and call our toll-free number at 1-300-887-653.
- Ten ways to increase your web sales immediately. Sign up now to get this $29 value FREE!
- Increase your website traffic by 300 percent! Click here to find out how!
- Browse our recommended web design resources! Click here.
- Bookmark this website now!
Capture Your Visitors' Email Address
- Enter your email address here, and we'll keep you posted about new web design services, products, and resources.
- Click here to subscribe to our "Ask the Professional Web Designer" ezine.
- Join our FREE update list.
- Click here to receive a FREE online marketing seminar by email.
Here's other information you may consider posting on your website or in your ezine.
- If you would like to post an article on an online marketing topic, email the editor at email@example.com
- If your site offers information for webmasters, submit it today! We are interested in articles and tutorials about web design, web graphics, and Internet marketing.
- Do you know interesting websites you would like to share? Send the URL (e.g.http://www.website.com/) to firstname.lastname@example.org and let everyone know about them!
- Email us if you have resources our visitors can benefit from.
- Email me if you have resources you feel your business associates would benefit from.
Solicit Participation and Feedback
- Please report any additions, corrections, or dead links by sending an email to email@example.com.
- We encourage your questions. Just call 1-300-887-653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send your comments about this ezine to email@example.com.
- We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Just click on the "contact" button and ask your question in the appropriate field.
Get Additional Exposure from Other Web Sites
- Recommend this site to your friends!
- Please forward this ezine to your friends and associates. Please keep the copyright notice intact.
A "Call to Action" is one of many strategies successful copywriters use. This proven copywriting technique can substantially increase your web profits . . . so start using action verbs in your website!
Attract Buyers to Your Web Site with Power Words
What are power words? Power words elicit emotions and create visual pictures in your readers' mind. Here are twenty of the most important words that have proven to attract attention, motivate prospects to buy, and increase sales. Use them in your website's headlines and copy.
Free trial offer.
How to generate free online traffic.
Do you want to get out of the rat race?
Do you want to make serious money?
New material never before shared in public.
In this article, you'll discover websites and resources that will help you generate more profits.
Find out how you can start in this amazing business today!
Listen to what customers say about these breakthrough techniques.
Find out the hottest new Internet marketing breakthroughs.
Get the latest techniques to developing your website.
Three proven ways to get people to open your emails.
A proven technique that will generate sales and profits for your website automatically.
Guarantee yourself a top ranking on Yahoo.
Marketing expert reveals powerful marketing strategies guaranteed to increase your profits.
Our system is backed by a 100 percent zero risk guarantee.
Seven distinct ways to make money with your website.
Four key ways to make money with an ezine.
Top 10 ways to develop a successful website.
10 top ways to make your website more effective immediately.
Secrets of keyword placement that only the pro marketers know.
10 inside secrets of creating a profitable website.
- ACT NOW
If you want to get in on this rare opportunity, you need to act now!
- CALL NOW / CALL TODAY
Pick up your phone and call now! Go on... do it right now!
66 ways to save time promoting your website.
The techniques you'll discover in this report can save you a small fortune.
- HOW TO
How to write compelling copy to attract more people to your website.
How to attract buyers' attention with compelling headlines.
How to use email marketing to increase your web profits.
4 easy ways to order.
You get an easy-to-follow marketing guide.
7 easy ways to increase sales - fast.
Free report reveals how to boost traffic and increase your sales on the Internet.
Master marketer reveals seven top ways to make money with your website.
Internet expert reveals the simple tactics he uses to earn over $15,000 a month from affiliate programs.
An insider's guide to top search engine ranking.
Insider secrets to your own million dollar Internet business.
Top 10 marketing tips for online success. A blueprint for your online success.
Secrets on how to design a website for success!
Use these power words when writing headlines and content for your website. They will attract attention to your website, keep visitors at your website longer, and convert more prospects into buyers.
7 Tips for Compelling Internet Writing
Online readers love information, but be sure your information is crisp, clear and concise.
1. Target your web content to your ideal audience. A good way to do that is to include your audience in the title or introduction. When you focus your information on your audience, you write more compelling, focused copy that your readers will love.
2. Keep your paragraphs short, even a line or two. Online readers will ignore long paragraphs in ezines or websites. You will lose sales. Respect readers who want short material.
3. Make your headlines compelling. Test them on associates, edit them at least five times. If your headlines are not compelling, visitors will go to the next website.
4. Get to the point quickly in the title and the first sentence. Keep your introduction and conclusion to a sentence or two.
5. Make your copy strong, clear, and direct.
6. Tell your readers what you want them to do. They are waiting for your magic formula to make them richer, healthier, and happier.
7. Eliminate superfluous words, adverbs (like "ly"), and passive verbs. Replace linking verbs such as "is" and "was" with bold verbs. Use powerful words that sell!
Keep these tips in mind to bring potential buyers to your Web site, keep them at your Web site longer, and convert them to buyers.
Writing Articles for the Internet
Write tips in this format. Use this three-sentence formula to bring the curious to you.
1. First, use a verb as a command.
2. Then mention the cost of not following your advise.
3. End with a positive comment.
Keep these tips in mind, so that your articles will bring folks to your Web site.
Hypnotic Writing: Seven Steps To Success
Without powerful writing, you will not succeed even if you are giving out free gold. A popular example being the experiment conducted by some marketing gurus. They advertised to give out $100 bills free. There was no response because the writing was not compelling/ convincing enough.
With the information explosion on the Internet, the competition is more deadly. Hence the use of power writing is at its peak. You have to stand out, to grab, to dominate, to intoxicate, capture and be noticed. The more you differ from the norms, the greater are your chances of success.
You need to make your power writing more forceful and spellbinding. How do you fascinate and mesmerize your readers? Here is a seven-step technique for achieving hypnosis through writing:
- Use suggestion to subtly introduce an impression, inspiration, idea or thought. Let's consider a simple work example using the concept of 'sleep'. Our suggestion will be: 'You are sleepy'.
- Give instruction/ command. Tell the person to take action as desired by you. Give a direct command. For our example, this will be: 'Go to sleep'.
- Back up with a conviction/ determination statement - A conviction statement conveys a sense of assurance, certainty, confidence, sincerity and passion. Conviction is very easily generated by using the word 'will' instead of 'can'. For our example, the conviction statement is: 'You will sleep'.
- Follow up with endorsement/re-affirmation. Back up your conviction statement by using the word 'Yes'. For our example, this is: 'Yes, you will sleep'.
- Give a vivid description to appeal to emotions - Describe in great detail giving all the advantages, disadvantages and properties. In short make it so vivid that your reader sees, hears, smells, tastes and feels the action and hence gets involved emotionally.
- For example consider the following three descriptions: 'A strawberry'; 'A red strawberry'; 'A large ripe, red and juicy strawberry, mmm..'. With the third description you can almost feel your mouth watering.
- Now back to our work example: 'You will fall in to a deep, soothing, slumbering sleep'.
- Use powerful words. Some words click on the subconscious power of the mind and immediately trigger certain strong emotions. Hence these words have a strong appeal.
- A small fraction of such words are outlined here: You, free, magic, hell, damn, baby, do, secret, revealed, sensational, revolutionary, pioneer, discover, will, success, yes.
- Use repetitive rhythms. Repetition fascinates the mind and creates an intoxicating influence. For our example, the rhythm is: 'Go to sleep; you will sleep; yes you will sleep; you will fall into a deep, soothing, slumbering sleep'.
For successful hypnosis, the rhythm has to be repeated several times. Remember the rule of thumb of marketing experts: You need to repeat your sales message between seven to ten times to close a deal.
However since hypnotic writing is already so powerful, I will go with a cycle of three: at the start, in the middle and at the end of your message.
For ease of understanding, the work example used was very simple and straight forward. In actual business writing, you have to be subtle. You need to influence and fascinate without offending or being obvious to the reader. You will achieve this by weaving the above magic into the body of your regular business writing.
To integrate effectively, you may change the order of presentation, split up the process and make variations to the concept. Here your imagination is the limit.